Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

maybe i should take a break from it to let things calm down
That would be my advice. As you know, we do recommend doing the Beatha part of EE only twice a week for the very reason of what you are experiencing. After taking a break, I think it would be good if you only do the Beatha portion twice a week. Pipe breathing will bring up repressed memories/emotions, only at a slower more tolerable pace, making it easier to deal with them.

Good luck and take care, placematt.

I've had some interesting experiences lately with EE. Sometimes i tend to get really deep the POTS. Me breathing is so minimal and the area around my nostrils/mouth sort of goes into this numb sort of thing.

Alternatively, i did the Beatha sections for 4 nights in a row. And i think i was reckless with it. Im really feeling it now. Im at a stage where i feel like this massive emotional outburst is just sitting beneath the surface. Im on the keto/ carnivore diet so i mostly had a really stable mood for at least a month before hand. Currently though, my head feels like its just waiting to explode. Lots of memories i had forgotten have been coming up in beatha when i focus on the diaphragm and this build up of raw emotion. And i know the idea isn't to repress or suppress it. But its just sitting there and im not sure how to let it out. maybe it will come out on its own. of course i haven't done Beatha since Thursday gone and maybe i should take a break from it to let things calm down. but its been a notable difference in how i was a week ago and how my head, overall body is feeling. Don't want to use the term depression, but everything is just coloured really badly, thinking a lot about my parents, that dynamic, trauma in the past. Its got me pretty down. Guess i can only be patient at this stage

I'm sure you know all this already but hearing it from somebody else might help.

Negative emotions and depressive-like state are really akin to being caught up in a storm. I think you did the right thing by stopping Beatha until it calms down. Three stage breathing is enough for gentle detox, Beatha is only here to give a little boost if needed. If your head is about to explode, maybe cutting the three stage breathing may help as well. No need to add fuel to the fire.

I know its tempting to rush things out and get it over with, especially when you feel bad. The feelings, memories and sensations can become unbearable. But remember that sometimes being patient and observing things (i.e. tying you up to a tree while weathering the storm) are the best possible move to take. If handled well, out of the roughest times come the most remarkable growth of being (e.g. Dabrowski positive disintegration theory).

All I wanted to say is, hang in there ! You're not alone in this and it won't last forever. :-)

But its just sitting there and im not sure how to let it out. maybe it will come out on its own.

Not necessarily - the beauty of Beatha is that you can gradually work away the issues on a deeper level. It can happen that you get a release (as some have described earlier in the thread), but for many the changes happen in a slower manner (as it did for me) - in a ‘slowly chipping away’ kind of thing. Both are OK, maybe the slow manner is less anxiety-producing, too.

And two Beatha sessions a week is enough (as Nienna explained) - you don’t want to rush these things.

Easy does it!

As a relatively new participant of the EE program I thought that some first impressions might be welcomed here. I've been following the program for about two months now, performing some of the exercises intermittently (they are a little vigorous for me right now) but having done the Pipe Breathing the most consistently. I've been doing that part at least once, but usually twice or maybe even three times daily throughout this time. I can't say if it's helped to dislodge any significant unresolved mental/emotional problems yet (if there's anything like that present), but it is without a doubt very effective. After only a short 5-minute routine, it leaves me with a deep, profound, and lasting sense of calmness afterwards. The state of "relaxed vigilance" like described in the video would put it well, like you are relaxed but invigorated also for upwards of ~2 hours after the fact, maybe even longer than that. Some people have described the sensations they have, things like hotness, coldness, or electrical sensations; I have a lot of the last of those and it's kind of vaguely pleasant I guess I would put it. As for my emotional state overall, I suppose I am doing pretty good in light of this program, I'm not sure what else to say.

That's about as far as my experiences with it go so far. Other than this, I had some thoughts about some things relating to the program, particularly something that was mentioned by Laura in the video about the parts of the body the vagus nerve interacts with. When she was talking about how it goes all the way from up in the thalamus and limbic system to down in the gut, it seemed to call to my mind something that the Cs had said about the program, the "hermetic maxim" and interacting with other realms:

August 5th 2009

Q: (L) I would like to know if you have any comments to make on the progress of our breathing and meditation program for the readers of our forum and perhaps other people who are practicing it about whom we know nothing?

A: It is already having effects in other realms.

Q: (L) What other realms?

A: 4, 5, 6D.

Q: (L) In what respect?

A: Humans should remember the hermetic maxim can go both ways in some respects. Those who are destined to "meet" themselves in the future can now do so with greater facility due to these efforts. We once said that "you in the future" could "rewrite" cosmic programs... that goes for others too. They are now learning the programming language.

I guess I was thinking that, the fact that stimulating the vagus nerve in this way can affect things at both "above" and "below" it in the nervous system to such an extent is like a parallel, a metaphor or symbolism present in physicality, of this maxim-related process of affecting other realms via this method. Maybe kind of a weird conception, but what do you think? Is that too "out there" or is there something to that?

One other thing that was on my mind when going over the instructions were some thoughts regarding numbers. There's a quote that's often attributed to Nikola Tesla where he says that, "If only you knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have the key to the universe." Whether or not he actually said this and what exactly it means, I don't know, but I couldn't help but notice that there is some numerical coincidence with the steps of this program. During the Pipe Breathing, there's a "6" for the counts of the in-breath, a "3" for holding in-between, and a "9" for the out-breath. Everything is in 3's, and as to the number of repetitions done for the Pipe Breathing section, we are told to do 12 reps, that being another "3".

I'm not really going anywhere with this (I wouldn't really know what to do with it), I just couldn't help but notice the presence of "3's". For the record, the Cs have had this to say about "3's" and our realm also:

July 19, 1997

Q: I know that. What about it? What do the sirens represent?

A: Laura, my dear, if you really want to reveal "many beautiful and amazing things," all you need to do is remember the triad, the trilogy, the trinity, and look always for the triplicative connecting clue profile. Connect the threes... do not rest until you have found three beautifully balancing meanings!!

Q: So, in everything there are three aspects?

A: And why? Because it is the realm of the three that you occupy. In order to possess the keys to the next level, just master the Third Man Theme, then move on with grace and anticipation.

Between all that, I don't know, maybe it all fits together and maybe it doesn't. Any ideas?

Between all that, I don't know, maybe it all fits together and maybe it doesn't. Any ideas?

A good start would be to put that session excerpt into its proper context. Have you read the Wave series of books ? Chapter 51 address this particular quote, perhaps it'll give you further info and insights ? Sometimes our minds like to go on a wild goose chase, connecting phantom dots, so studying this session's hints through Laura's work should be the first and best thing to do before theorizing, IMO.

I guess I was thinking that, the fact that stimulating the vagus nerve in this way can affect things at both "above" and "below" it in the nervous system to such an extent is like a parallel, a metaphor or symbolism present in physicality, of this maxim-related process of affecting other realms via this method. Maybe kind of a weird conception, but what do you think? Is that too "out there" or is there something to that?

By practicing EE you're detoxing and relaxing the physical body, releasing locked negative emotions and lowering stress so that the mind is at peace. By balancing the three centers that way you foster the connection between your body (vehicle) and the soul (driver). So in a sense this is a two-way street, if you practice EE consciously you're using your soul's Will and in return the body is rebalanced so that the soul may express itself better in 3D through the body. I don't think that it is what you had in mind originally, yet it is my take on it.

A good start would be to put that session excerpt into its proper context. Have you read the Wave series of books ? Chapter 51 address this particular quote, perhaps it'll give you further info and insights ? Sometimes our minds like to go on a wild goose chase, connecting phantom dots, so studying this session's hints through Laura's work should be the first and best thing to do before theorizing, IMO.

While I have read the Wave series, it was quite a while ago now so the reminder is appreciated. However, I don't really see much of relevance here beyond the fact that, in this instance, Frank as the manipulator would've been the "Third Man" in the 'Third Man Theme' so-described.

Frank as the manipulator would've been the "Third Man" in the 'Third Man Theme' so-described

Hello Lathyrus,
Surely we all know that Frank was a mole, but still we can trust accuracy in session transcripts, just some of information that related to making money something like stock markets that was came from Frank when he was here.
But most people come here to read transcripts, not really care about that kind of information.

And Laura’s questions was, still is mostly about the world affairs and well being for the humanity issue. So, if anyone read transcripts and Wave series surly benefit and learn or finding new meaning each time read it again, like finds hidden treasures.

(L) Well, there is something I would like to inquire about. Previously, toward the end of the period of working with Frank, there was a lot of encouragement given to investing in the stock market. That was Frank's ambition. Was that biased information from Frank

Q: I want to know why so many things were told to us in code when Frank was present?
A: Frank is a Mole.
Q: (A) If Frank was a mole, why did he leave?
A: STS looks at his own time to hook onto zone of sail soon.
Q: (L) Are you saying that STS... I don't know how to put it. Why did he leave? Was he trying to get information and he couldn't get it, and then they decided to pull him out, so that if he couldn't get it, I couldn't get it either?
A: Soon to answer itself.

Q: We have been discussing the strange visitors to our website. It seems that there is a lot of interest from groups that are connected with intelligence and military organizations. Can you tell us what their interest is in our material?

A: Material is largely accurate.

Q: Do they understand that this material is largely accurate, and is this the reason for their interest?

A: Yes

A: Partially. You need review, study, contemplation.

Q: (L) What I need is a vacation and less stress!

A: We would say that too! There are untold treasure troves locked up in those transcripts. You will be "blown away" by that which you have forgotten!!

While I have read the Wave series, it was quite a while ago now so the reminder is appreciated. However, I don't really see much of relevance here beyond the fact that, in this instance, Frank as the manipulator would've been the "Third Man" in the 'Third Man Theme' so-described.

You're right, though I thought the comment made by the C's about the ubiquity of 3's being linked to the mastering of the Third Man Theme was important. While the chapter I quoted wasn't relevant perhaps Chapter 24 will get a bit closer as it discusses the third man theme itself.

Now that I think about it, I don't know why the 3, 6, 9 counts where used as the standard way of doing EE. It may have been because of its symbolic meaning, or merely suited the "breathing capacity" of most people. While reading the thread I've noticed that many people tended to adapt the count to their needs. So its not a hard and fast rule needed for practicing EE successfully. Now to spice things up let me quote a post of @Kay Kim about the various counts in an EE session :

So, I have made small wooden beads to the strings that count to do EE correct way.

Three-Stage Breathing,
12- 12- 6 = 30 times.

Warrior Breathing,
12- 12- 12= 36 times.

Beatha/Round Breathing,
(30 slow, 30 medium, 30 fast)- (30 S, 30 M, 30 F)- (30 S, 30 M, 30 F)= 270 times.

Prayer Of The Soul Meditation,
6 times.

As you can see every count is based on the number 3 in the standard version of the program. Calling it a coincidence would be a stretch at this point ;-)

My apologies about my first reply, I should have thought things through before posting.

I got back in breathing exercises soon after lockdown started and have been doing eiriu eolas almost every day. I had a lot of congestion from allergies so initially there was a lot of sneezing but I stuck with it and in a few weeks my breathing was easier. Sitting on my couch for the exercises is comfortable and I can easily switch to lying down for Prayer of the soul. Frequently during POTS I would doze off for a short time. I am sleeping better, my anxiety is reduced and my brain fog is clearing.

Anya112003, it's great that you got back to doing EE so regularly. However, I hope that you are following our recommendation to only do the Beatha (Ba-Ha) twice a week and not every day. You can do all of the other exercises every day. Beatha brings up repressed emotions much more quickly than the Pipe Breathing does so can overwhelm a person when done every day. :-)

Anya112003, it's great that you got back to doing EE so regularly. However, I hope that you are following our recommendation to only do the Beatha (Ba-Ha) twice a week and not every day. You can do all of the other exercises every day. Beatha brings up repressed emotions much more quickly than the Pipe Breathing does so can overwhelm a person when done every day. :-)
I did such a mistake. It was 'fun' - my anxiety and panic attacks worsen up for a while. :nuts:
Until I realized what was I doing wrong. Now it's fine with 1 or 2 Beatha for a week, but everything else pretty much daily

I want to share some of the effects of ЕЕ on me:
1. For the first 1.5 months it was difficult to do Ba-Ha. I didn’t have enough strength, I had to interrupt often, my throat was dry, and suddenly different places began to ache: my back, knees, head, right hypochondrium. Severe symptoms of hyperventilation were observed: twitching of the facial muscles.
After 2 months, almost all unpleasant effects have disappeared. And if I still get lost on the 1st bit, then 2-3 go very smoothly, without failures. From dry throat I drink in interruptions for a sip of water.
2. Breathing has become deeper and the volume of the lungs has increased.
3. It is easier for me to do the whole program while sitting and only praying while lying down. I sit with my legs bent like the girls in the video and but the pillow under my back resting on the back of the sofa. This way the abdomen and diaphragm move better.
4. Often (7 out of 10 cases) after the EE (especially the full program), headache caused by vasospasm disappears or significantly decreases. I haven't had to use pills for a long time. Bad mood and tension disappear instantly. 👍
5. The first months after Ba-Ha (2 times a week) there was increased emotionality, tearfulness. But never during the breath itself, only after or the next day.
I cried over the songs (especially Amazing Grace ), from some memories, stories. The reaction is now softer.
6. During EE, sometimes I have a feeling of pressure on the solar plexus, the feeling that my body is an electric wire buzzing under tension, cold during bioenergetic breathing and a periodic blackout for a short time.
7. Feeling of heat coming off my hands during meditation. Once the warmth of both hands seemed to be united, it seemed that the heat and the hands themselves began to grow. In the end, it seemed that part of my body was in another space.😵
This reminded me of an episode from Futurama:
EE has become a habit in the best sense of the word. But the better the body masters different types of breathing, the more difficult it is for the head not to be distracted by extraneous thoughts.

Korzik18, it's very good to hear that you are doing so well with EE. I'd like to make a few comments to you, and everyone else reading this post, about some of your comments above just to clarify things.

1. For the first 1.5 months it was difficult to do Ba-Ha. I didn’t have enough strength, I had to interrupt often, my throat was dry, and suddenly different places began to ache: my back, knees, head, right hypochondrium. Severe symptoms of hyperventilation were observed: twitching of the facial muscles.
It could be that you were doing the breathing forcefully. Laura says at the start of the exercise to breathe gently. The thing that is important in the Beatha (Ba-Ha) is to breathe continually from the inhale to the outhale to the inhale......but gently. You don't have to get full breaths while doing this. Just make sure that there are no pauses between the inhales and outhales.
5. The first months after Ba-Ha (2 times a week) there was increased emotionality, tearfulness. But never during the breath itself, only after or the next day.
This is normal. Some people have increased emotionality while doing the Beatha, others, like you, have these things come up a day, or more, later.
6. During EE, sometimes I have a feeling of pressure on the solar plexus, the feeling that my body is an electric wire buzzing under tension, cold during bioenergetic breathing and a periodic blackout for a short time.
Again, maybe you are breathing too forcefully trying to get full breaths on each inhale and outhale. Although, getting cold is natural for this type of breathing. So is a small amount of tingling in the extremities, but not a lot. So is "zoning out", which may be what you are referring to as periodic blackouts. In zoning out, you may be processing certain things that have come up through your breathing. If it's a true "blackout", then, again, I say that you could be breathing too forcefully while doing the Beatha.

I hope you continue doing EE as it is very helpful in many different ways. :-)

It could be that you were doing the breathing forcefully. Laura says at the start of the exercise to breathe gently. The thing that is important in the Beatha (Ba-Ha) is to breathe continually from the inhale to the outhale to the inhale......but gently.
Thanks for the advice, @Nienna ! You are absolutely right. Indeed, I tried hard, breathed deeply into Beatha at the beginning. Then I decided to try to breathe softer, more natural and pay more attention to the continuity of breathing (inhalation and exhalation). It is necessary to remember the correct feeling and continue to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom