Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

For those with a Macy-Pan or Zoy-Tech chambers, how fast does the chamber inflate to 1.5 ATA?

I'm corresponding with Zoy-Tech and their normal chamber inflates to 1.3 ATA in 12 minutes and 1.5 ATA in 30 minutes. There's also an option of getting a fast-inflate version that reaches 1.5 ATA in 12 minutes but that is 550 USD more.

Which version are you using?

Unlike normobaria, however, in hyperbaria, increased amounts of carbon dioxide and hydrogen are not delivered to the body. For this reason, the healing process is, unfortunately, limited due to excessive oxygen concentrations (exceedances of 40 percent). because one cannot stay there for a long time. In addition, there must be at least daily breaks in its use for the regeneration of alveoli overburnt by this concentration.
Hydrogen slows cell division, extending cell life. It is an extremely effective antioxidant, meaning it fights free radicals that directly contribute to the aging of all body cells.
Carbon dioxide in the right concentration allows our blood vessels to dilate and more easily facilitates the "return" of oxygen from the blood to the cells by which oxygen can reach all regions where it does not normally reach in sufficient quantity. It is as valuable and necessary for the body as oxygen.
I posted one information received from my uncle about a small device that help to raise back the CO2 concentration in the blood, here's the link to the post. Not the first point (HOCATT) but the 2nd one, the tool named Samozdrav.
I wanted to post back again this information here because i think that combining the Samozdrav with HBOT would certainly bring a good increase in benefits, at least for those who have a low concentration. Since I posted, I rediscussed with my uncle, i wrote previously that he started at 4,5% and reached 5,8%, he recently told me that he was now at 6,1%. The normal % should be 6,5%, but if you are above 6% it's ok (from what I understood)

What i would assume that raising one's CO2 level (in the blood) to above 6% for people having a low CO2 concentration would enhance the efficiency of doing the HBOT hours. From what i read and understood so far this sounds logical, unfortunately i miss the knowledge to better assert this. There are also other devices that does the same job, but this one remains a cheap expense and they seem to know what they do and want to achieve (read the small books i linked in my previous post)

That explains the price difference between the Macy-Pan and the Zoy-Tech and also the difference in PSU wattage
While contacting many manufacturers i received some critics from one of them against all his competitors. I know that such comments must be taken with caution knowing that it's a competitor commenting another competitor, but some of his arguments are clearly good ones, or good facts. And this competitor wrote an harsh critic against Zoy, maybe also (partially) because Zoy came and broke the market's price (i spotted 3 main manufacturers in China : Macy-Pan, Zoy and OxyRevo). I thought that copy/pasting what he wrote about Zoy could be useful, so here it is (i copy/paste + correct some typos + quote mode)

ZOY
ZOY's hyperbaric chambers are the first one you should delete from your supplier's list.
We understand as a new entrance in HBOT, Zoy wants to make their chamber different from others. HOWEVER, it's a pity to see they just lead to wrong concept in R&D but producting a very defective chamber .

Zoy's so called new invitation oxygen generator/compressor, it's only an oxygen concentrator but add a switch valve.

An oxygen generator usually comes with an air compressor inside to pump the oxygen out. So at begining, they only allow the air compressor pump working to inflate the chamber, but no oxygen producing, after chamber gets infltable, the switch valve works let the air pump to stop to infltate the chamber and start working with oxygen generator part to produce oxygen to the chamber.

It's kind of "tricky" design in shorting your cost (save one compressor) but could give very bad results, even may harm people's health, as 5 or 10L flow is too weak to make a good and fresh air recycle inside of chamber, not mention to brust out the CO2 gas people breathed.
That's why we need an air compressor, always keep inflating chamber to make the air recycle fresh and clean, and brust out the CO2 with strong flow, or else lots of CO2 accumulation inside of chamber may harm your health.
If you look at all other hyperbaric chambers in world, you will see ALL of them are including an air compressor(especially oil free type), except Zoy's.
I'm sure Zoy knows the function of an air compressor, however they just don't know and learn how important it is for a HBOT system.

Also they put the air/oxygen inlet in foot side, and automatic pressure relief vavles in head side, which leads the bad smell from foot side flow to your foot side, which others all put inlet in head side, pressure/air exhausting valves in foot side for a better and fresh air recycle.

They want to be different so much from others, however they just move forward to wrong direction but producing a harmful chamber for people's health, which is killing themselves and customers.

It is a pity to see lots of people in a forum bought Zoy's chamber by only seeing zoy's cheaper price but didn't notice the design. We can do same or even cheaper if we remove our advanced technology and equipments, however it's not who we are and what we want.

I know many people may not have enough knowleage to recognize which chamber is qualified, I feel shame and pity but can't do anything.

As said, he was rude with Zoy, but his args seems good ones (?)

dredger, thanks for the info. It's always good to be able to ask the right questions.

An oxygen generator usually comes with an air compressor inside to pump the oxygen out. So at begining, they only allow the air compressor pump working to inflate the chamber, but no oxygen producing, after chamber gets infltable, the switch valve works let the air pump to stop to infltate the chamber and start working with oxygen generator part to produce oxygen to the chamber.
I asked Zoy specifically if you would get 90-96% oxygen the entire time or only after full pressure is reached. They replied that you get 90-96% oxygen the whole time.

It's kind of "tricky" design in shorting your cost (save one compressor) but could give very bad results, even may harm people's health, as 5 or 10L flow is too weak to make a good and fresh air recycle inside of chamber, not mention to brust out the CO2 gas people breathed.
They have two options. The cheapest option is the 1.3 ATA version that they recommend for home use. This type has a combined compact oxygen concentrator and air compressor. The downside to this version is that if you want to do 1.5 ATA it takes 30 minutes to reach full pressure as the air compressor is less powerfull.

They also have fast inflate version that reaches 1.5 ATA in 12 minutes that has a separate air compressor. So it seems that the claim from the competitor you talked to is incorrect.

I am also unsure why they make a point of the air flow. The unit I bought from Zoy has 0-10 L/min airflow. The Macy-Pan has 5 L/Min so I assume that's OK.

Also they put the air/oxygen inlet in foot side, and automatic pressure relief vavles in head side, which leads the bad smell from foot side flow to your foot side, which others all put inlet in head side, pressure/air exhausting valves in foot side for a better and fresh air recycle.
I have no way of evaluating if this is indeed a problem. If you're wearing a mask that covers nose and mouth I don't see that it could make any difference.

As far as I can see, the person you spoke to definitely seems to have a grudge against Zoy-Tech as you also mention. Trying to evaluate his arguments I don't find them very credible. But it was very valuable to be able to be able to put the questions to Zoy-Tech before deciding to make a purchase.

I just ordered a unit from Zoy-Tech. I ordered a fast-inflate 1.5 ATA version that reaches 1.5 ATA in 12 minutes compared to the normal version that takes 30 minutes. There's an extra cost of 550 USD. It does mean that there's one more box as the normal version has a combined compact oxygen concentrator and air compressor.

I asked them to include a mask and make sure that there's a pressure gauge internally and externally. They did this at no additional cost. They have a cover for the unit at 80 USD that I negotiated to 40 USD.

I asked if it was possible to get a discount knowing that they'd had one in June. The sales rep (Winni Chow) said that as it was close to the end of the month they were able to give a 200 USD discount if I could make the deposit today as it would help them meet the monthly sales target. I don't know if that's correct but it can be useful to know if others are about to make a purchase at some point.

The version I got with the separate air compressor needs maintenance every 8,000 hours, where you need to exchange the "sieve". I'm not quite sure what that entails but 8000 hours of operation is quite a lot.

Lastly, when paying you get the option of using credit card, PayPal or wire transfer. PayPal and credit card each have a 3% charge which is not there on the wire transfer. There is a transaction fee of around 30 USD but that's a lot less than 3%.

They have two options. The cheapest option is the 1.3 ATA version that they recommend for home use. This type has a combined compact oxygen concentrator and air compressor. The downside to this version is that if you want to do 1.5 ATA it takes 30 minutes to reach full pressure as the air compressor is less powerfull.

They also have fast inflate version that reaches 1.5 ATA in 12 minutes that has a separate air compressor. So it seems that the claim from the competitor you talked to is incorrect.

I am also unsure why they make a point of the air flow. The unit I bought from Zoy has 0-10 L/min airflow. The Macy-Pan has 5 L/Min so I assume that's OK.
I assume they regularly check what the other does but also regularly adapt and correct any bad/wrong design. And yes this information is to take with a grain of salt, or more, i hesitated to post it, but this thread is to learn & share about so any (sub)topic remains good to be discussed.
What i wonder if it's finally a good (genius) idea to make this choice of design (use one compressor and switch) or not ?
If it still allows the chamber to do the job then it's fine, this is what matters the most. And they already have a response for those who want 2 separated devices when by default they propose 1. So, do the valve switching is really a good thing, allowing them to propose low cost models which is interresting for many who have a limited budget, or does this choice somewhat degrades the general efficiency of the treatment ? I would tend to answer no, or not much, but i have no certitude at all. At least, what we know is that it influences on the time it takes to inflate the chamber.

Did you start out at 1.5 ATA or start with 1.3 for a while to get used to it before increasing to 1.5 ATA?
We started at 1.5 ATA. The Macy Pan comes with two valves opening up at 1.5 ATA. I think there is a way of reducing the discharge pressure by changing the springs in the pressure valves for softer ones, but we did not do it.

Anecdote:
Hyperbaric chamber is mentionned in episode 4, season 3 of the Star Trek Discovery series.
The crew of the ship is in an emotional turmoil. The captain ask the ship's computer what can be done do improve the state of the crew. That's when the computer mentionne the use of hyperbaric chamber among other things.

I assume they regularly check what the other does but also regularly adapt and correct any bad/wrong design. And yes this information is to take with a grain of salt, or more, i hesitated to post it, but this thread is to learn & share about so any (sub)topic remains good to be discussed.
What i wonder if it's finally a good (genius) idea to make this choice of design (use one compressor and switch) or not ?
If it still allows the chamber to do the job then it's fine, this is what matters the most. And they already have a response for those who want 2 separated devices when by default they propose 1. So, do the valve switching is really a good thing, allowing them to propose low cost models which is interresting for many who have a limited budget, or does this choice somewhat degrades the general efficiency of the treatment ? I would tend to answer no, or not much, but i have no certitude at all. At least, what we know is that it influences on the time it takes to inflate the chamber.
I think it is valuable to post it. As I understand it, the standard model is a combined air compressor and oxygen concentrator, but there is no switch involved. Zoy-Tech claim that you get 90-96% oxygen all the time which means that the concentrator is working at the same time as the air compressor. However, it seems that the sacrifice you need to make when having all in one unit, is that it takes longer to reach 1.5 ATA. So if shorter session times are important to you, you get the option of getting a faster model.

The 8,000 hours running time before maintenance specifically referred to the fast-inflate version. I have asked them supply the number of hours before maintenance for the standard version. They will get back to me tomorrow.

I can't see why the standard model would decrease the efficacy/quality of HBOT session as this, as I understand it, comes down to pressure, oxygen content in the air you breathe and oxygen content of the air that you're immersed in and the duration of the exposure.

The model I have purchased reaches 1.5 ata within 10 mins. I don’t think Zoy-Tech have a slower or faster version. And they work fine. The air and Oxygen are supplied continuously and there are no bad smells. The arguments from Macy-Pan are rather pointless and inaccurate.

In terms of progress, I am close to 30 sessions now. Its been slow going because I have had a really bad week of flu, and a week of covid few weeks after. But, overall, I do feel slightly better. The sinus is a little better too however that’s getting countered ie sinus blocked by the extreme cold we have been experiencing. We have had -1 C mornings and getting into the chamber in the morning is challenging as it gets quite cold.

I am doing 4-5 sessions a week due to time constraints so, it would be another month before I cross the 50 mark.

Back
Top Bottom