Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

The model I have purchased reaches 1.5 ata within 10 mins. I don’t think Zoy-Tech have a slower or faster version. And they work fine. The air and Oxygen are supplied continuously and there are no bad smells. The arguments from Macy-Pan are rather pointless and inaccurate.
@sid, which model did you get? And what size?

I am 202 cm (6' 7"), so I had to go for the bigger version. This may explain why it takes longer to reach full pressure. The version I'm getting is 225 x 80 cm compared to the smaller 190 x 70 cm version. That amounts to a 35% increase in volume to be filled.

According to Winni Chow, Overseas Sales Manager from Zhoy-Tech, it takes around 10-12 minutes to reach 1.3 ATA and 25-30 minutes to reach 1.5 ATA with the standard model where the air compressor and oxygene compactor are combined into one unit. But again, that is for the bigger version.

Could you double check how long time it takes for the gauges reach 1.5 ATA in you unit? I'd be very thankful.

I've only paid the deposit so it should be easy to change. I don't want to spend and extra 550 USD if it can be avoided.

About 7 months ago I was dying. Hemiplegia, loss of memory, loss of speech, sleeping 18 hours/day to name a few symptoms. The grade 4 brain tumors were inoperable and they were growing at an alarming rate causing bleeding and massive edema.

Then I started chemotherapy which shows only 15% success rate (stabilization) and did also SRT sessions. In my case the chemo and/or the SRT was successful and the tumors unexpectedly stopped growing.

The doctors stopped the chemo treatment in May after the 5th session because the side effects were too nasty esp. the destruction of nerves endings. around the same time we got the HBOT, which I coupled with ketogenic diet.

Yesterday, I got the interpretation of the latest MRI after 3 months free of chemo. Lo and behold, the images show a slight reduction or a stabilization (depending on the interpretation) of the tumors!

I've done about 50 HBOT sessions since May and I've been steadily gaining back motricity, speech, memory, cognitive function. I've even resumed writing my latest book!
Pierre, this is such great news, I am so happy that everything you are doing is improving your health! I had no idea the situation was so dire, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, blessings to you, your health and complete recovery.

We started at 1.5 ATA. The Macy Pan comes with two valves opening up at 1.5 ATA. I think there is a way of reducing the discharge pressure by changing the springs in the pressure valves for softer ones, but we did not do it.
The pressure valve that you turn to release air at the end of the session, and have to keep closed to allow the chamber to be pressurized can be used to adjust the pressure to the atmospheric pressure you want. In my sessions I started at 1.1 kPa(ATA) by closing the pressure valve to inflate to 1.1 ATA(kPa) and then opening it to the point that enough air was escaping so that the internal pressure according to the pressure gauge was at 1.1 kPa(ATA). It needs paying attention to, as the pressure will probably slowly rise or fall, needing minute adjustments to the adjustable pressure valve. I did the same for 1.2 kPa, 1.3 kPa, and 1.4 kPa, but now at 1.5 kPa I can keep the pressure valve closed, which makes my life simpler! :-)
So it is possible to start your sessions at ANY pressure between 1.0 - 1.5 kPa using the adjustable pressure gauge with the Macy-Pan, you just have to keep your eye on the internal pressure gauge and adjust as necessary. This is one of the reasons we purchased a Macy-Pan.

I posted one information received from my uncle about a small device that help to raise back the CO2 concentration in the blood, here's the link to the post. Not the first point (HOCATT) but the 2nd one, the tool named Samozdrav.
I wanted to post back again this information here because i think that combining the Samozdrav with HBOT would certainly bring a good increase in benefits, at least for those who have a low concentration. Since I posted, I rediscussed with my uncle, i wrote previously that he started at 4,5% and reached 5,8%, he recently told me that he was now at 6,1%. The normal % should be 6,5%, but if you are above 6% it's ok (from what I understood)

What i would assume that raising one's CO2 level (in the blood) to above 6% for people having a low CO2 concentration would enhance the efficiency of doing the HBOT hours. From what i read and understood so far this sounds logical, unfortunately i miss the knowledge to better assert this. There are also other devices that does the same job, but this one remains a cheap expense and they seem to know what they do and want to achieve (read the small books i linked in my previous post)
I don't really understand the reason for such a device. You can increase the CO2 in your body by holding your breath, or adjusting your breathing. To quote Patrick McKeown
"Carbon dioxide is produced through the body’s metabolism – when oxygen meets with the food we eat to create energy, carbon dioxide is generated. There are only two ways to increase the amount of carbon dioxide in the body:

1. By practising breathing exercises to gently reduce the amount of air we breathe;
  2. By increasing metabolic activity through physical exercise.
While exercise is beneficial, it is vitally important not to breathe too much during physical activity, otherwise your efforts will be counterproductive. A much more controlled method of increasing the body’s tolerance to carbon dioxide is to simply practise breathing lightly.

By taking less air into the lungs during rest, carbon dioxide is able to accumulate in the blood. After just ten minutes, the part of the brain that regulates breathing volume can be reset to tolerate a greater amount of carbon dioxide. By reducing breathing volume towards normal, blood vessels and airways dilate, and oxygen is more readily released from the red blood cells. Each time you practise reduced breathing exercises and reset your breathing volume, you are one step closer to a permanent change in optimal breathing patterns."

I have found a Rejuve spa nearby and have had 7 sessions so far. It seems some inflammation and swelling has been reduced in my neck/upper back. I've been undergoing chiropractic treatment for cervical issues and scoliosis and the chiropractor noticed that my adjustments were easier this morning - and that's after one week off. One thing I have noticed is that I am tired - and others' have mentioned that as one of the side effects as well. My chiropractor told me today that I needed to amp up my intake of B-vitamins as oxygen therapy increases the need. I did not think to ask her where she found this info (i will do so next time), but have been doing searches and have not found anything yet to corroborate her theory, so though I would posit the question here.

I have found a few clinics that offer IV vitamin cocktails in coordination with HBOT, claiming that this improves healing, but that's about all I have discovered. Here is what this one says:
Hyperbaric Oxygen with B Vitamins and Oligo-Elements IV Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen is generally used as an adjunctive but effective therapy in Bio-Regenerative and Anti-Aging Medicine. It works cooperatively and synergistically with different treatments. Hyperbaric Oxygen could be used to prevent ailments and degenerative diseases. Scientists have discovered that degenerative diseases are associated with anaerobic conditions (deficiency of oxygen). Lack of oxygen may result in fermentation and drop in cell´s PH. The elevated concentration of oxygen molecules in the bloodstream and all body fluids associated with the rapid mobilization effect in peripheral circulation further triggers the potentiation of the B based vitamins and Oligo-Elements (or any other vitamin) to accelerate the precipitation of biological functions.
Benefits:
There are a number of benefits related with the combination of these treatments and some of the benefits are:
  • Rest and relaxation
  • Stress relief
  • Reduces insomnia
  • Improves sleep
  • Slow down the negative effects of stress, anxiety and depression
  • Lower the blood pressure and improves cholesterol profile
  • Fights back Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Improves vision and memory
  • Used as an effective treatment for revitalization after extreme stress or mental strain
  • Enhancement of sexual performance
  • Improves concentration
  • Strengthen and aids in repair of the immune system
  • Balances metabolism
  • Remarkable increase of exercise endurance
  • Revitalization
  • Triggers the production of high levels of collagen allowing tissue and skin to repair faster.

About 7 months ago I was dying. Hemiplegia, loss of memory, loss of speech, sleeping 18 hours/day to name a few symptoms. The grade 4 brain tumors were inoperable and they were growing at an alarming rate causing bleeding and massive edema.

Then I started chemotherapy which shows only 15% success rate (stabilization) and did also SRT sessions. In my case the chemo and/or the SRT was successful and the tumors unexpectedly stopped growing.

The doctors stopped the chemo treatment in May after the 5th session because the side effects were too nasty esp. the destruction of nerves endings. around the same time we got the HBOT, which I coupled with ketogenic diet.

Yesterday, I got the interpretation of the latest MRI after 3 months free of chemo. Lo and behold, the images show a slight reduction or a stabilization (depending on the interpretation) of the tumors!

I've done about 50 HBOT sessions since May and I've been steadily gaining back motricity, speech, memory, cognitive function. I've even resumed writing my latest book!
The last time I was at the "Château", you were with the "farmers" building a protective "wall" in front of the building/bâtisse, and as I read your sober testimony, which reflects all the courage and willpower that you must certainly have had to reconquer again and again each day without losing your faith.
Well, that day, in front of those stones that you were piling up with strength and heart, I had a verse from the Bible that came to my mind that I am delivering to you today:
"Et moi je te dis que tu es Pierre, et sur cette pierre je bâtirai mon Église et les portes de l'enfer ne prévaudront pas contre elle."
"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.."
Matth. XVI, 18

I thank you for sharing your experience with us, I believe you have given us all a good breath of oxygen, I wish you and all those who have aligned themselves in the wake to find their due and form, just as what is Caesar's is Caesar's, what is yours is yours.
Pace e Salute as the Corsicans would say!

@sid, which model did you get? And what size?

I am 202 cm (6' 7"), so I had to go for the bigger version. This may explain why it takes longer to reach full pressure. The version I'm getting is 225 x 80 cm compared to the smaller 190 x 70 cm version. That amounts to a 35% increase in volume to be filled.

According to Winni Chow, Overseas Sales Manager from Zhoy-Tech, it takes around 10-12 minutes to reach 1.3 ATA and 25-30 minutes to reach 1.5 ATA with the standard model where the air compressor and oxygene compactor are combined into one unit. But again, that is for the bigger version.

Could you double check how long time it takes for the gauges reach 1.5 ATA in you unit? I'd be very thankful.

I've only paid the deposit so it should be easy to change. I don't want to spend and extra 550 USD if it can be avoided.
I bought this one and I am 6' 2". I fit ok but can see that you might be a bit taller for it - Soft Shell Hyperbaric Chamber - ZOY Medical Technology. You could bend your legs a bit and manage ok tbh.
They are likely quoting you this one but best to ask them to send you the product pictures - Soft Oxygen Chamber Sitting Type - ZOY Medical Technology

My one takes about 10 mins to get to 1.5ata and then I can hear the air being released from the pressure valves.

I bought this one and I am 6' 2". I fit ok but can see that you might be a bit taller for it - Soft Shell Hyperbaric Chamber - ZOY Medical Technology. You could bend your legs a bit and manage ok tbh.
They are likely quoting you this one but best to ask them to send you the product pictures - Soft Oxygen Chamber Sitting Type - ZOY Medical Technology

My one takes about 10 mins to get to 1.5ata and then I can hear the air being released from the pressure valves.
Thanks, sid.

The version I got is this one: https://www.zoy-tech.com/product/soft-shell-hyperbaric-chamber/. I got the 80 x 225 cm version. That does translate into a 55% difference in volume compared to the size you got (I made a mistake in my previous calculation). 4.5 m3 compared to 2.9 m3.

I see that and was wondering why they had a black edition with 900 diameter etc. Btw, both Liam and I have the same product and the dimensions are 700 mm x 1900 mm. I believe you can fit into this easily as you dont generally lay flat. I use a pillow and blanket rolled up to act as second pillow to give my head some lift and can see plenty of gap between my feet and the chamber wall.

In a bigger chamber, it would take longer to fill up so, the information you have been given is accurate. In saying that, the pressure begins to build up within a couple of minutes so, in general, you are getting the benefits of pressurised oxygen pretty much right away. I wouldn’t worry about the timings so much.

I asked if it was possible to get a discount knowing that they'd had one in June. The sales rep (Winni Chow) said that as it was close to the end of the month they were able to give a 200 USD discount if I could make the deposit today as it would help them meet the monthly sales target. I don't know if that's correct but it can be useful to know if others are about to make a purchase at some point.
I also worked with Winni. That is her usual pressure sale technique ( 200 less for immediate deposit). They shipped our unit yesterday. our unit is this one with 1.5 ATA , gauges both inside and outside.

I pinged her to know the pressure times . According to her it is 20-25min for 1.5 ATA and 10-15 min for 1.3 ATA. I didn't suspect the pressure time to be that long and didn't check before. I asked her are there any way we can reduce the pressure time. she will have to check her engineer and get back to me on that detail.

Back
Top Bottom