Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Gaby said:
goyacobol said:
I noticed the one detail above "Iodine intake via seaweed is accompanied by thyrotoxic metals and halides.". Do you think that supplementing with Chlorella or Spirulina could be counterproductive because of the thyrotoxic metals and halides? I am wondering if just supplementing with the Lugols and selenium would maybe be better.

I think it is important to make sure that your chlorella or spirulina doesn't contain heavy metals, at least not above the permitted allowance. The supplier should specify it and/or have a certificate of quality available.

Gaby,

Thank you for reminding me that it is our responsibility to check things out and make decisions on our own when it comes to the products that we choose. I will try not to burden others with the small details that we should take time to think about and choose our path accordingly. This is such a challenging endeavor for many/most of us but it could be such a tremendous learning experience too if we look at the reality of where the science is on this timeline. In the future it may seem strange that we just didn't get it when it comes to our machines and how they function OSIT.

I admire your calm and measured advice. I think there are many conscientious researchers out there but I wish there were even more health care professionals like you. Thanks. :)

Thank you Divide By Zero.
Your speculations about Iodoral tablet seems reasonable to me.
Since, Iodine vaporizes easily, so the Iodoral tablets could have more KI than Iodine, that means I don't need to take extra KI, like some of members.

Because I was thinking about whether I need to take extra KI or not for some times now.
But now I'm relieved.

MUSICMAN : votre traduction est exacte : Translation should read: Breakfast: 2 teaspoons of Glycine that sweeten my tea.
MUSICMAN: your translation is accurate: Translation should read: Breakfast: 2 Teaspoons of Glycine That sweeten my tea.

LAURA : j'ai trouvé ce lien pour ARGININ sur Amazon : https://www.amazon.fr/Solgar-L-Arginine-1000-Tablets-Tabs/dp/B002QUWXF2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1463640332&sr=8-9&keywords=L-Arginine
LAURA: I found this link for arginine at Amazon: https: // www. amazon. fr/Solgar-L-Arginine-1000-Tablets-Tabs/dp/B002QUWXF2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1463640332&sr=8-9&keywords=L-Arginine

Mais aussi celui avec une cuillère doseuse 1 gramme : https://www.amazon.fr/Arginine-facilement-soluble-cuill%C3%A8re-doseuse/dp/B00V5B4P0E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463641144&sr=8-2&keywords=arginine
But also with a dosing spoon 1 gram: https: // www. amazon. fr/Arginine-facilement-soluble-cuill%C3%A8re-doseuse/dp/B00V5B4P0E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463641144&sr=8-2&keywords=arginine

Merci pour vos bons conseils.
Thank you for your good advice.

Divide By Zero said:
I also have had good results with KI, especially on topical issues like cuts and scrapes. Each drop of SSKI is approx 50 mg.

Since iodine vaporizes easily, I wonder if it vaporizes out of the idoral tablets, leaving more KI in the ratio? That would explain why they have less side effects.

Yes, I think that is a very good possibility.

Divide By Zero said:
Laura said:
I've mentioned a number of times that I take the lugols iodine only occasionally now and usually take KI - even in the higher doses like 130 mg. Works well, don't have any reactive symptoms. Plus, I mix tincture of iodine into DMSO and smear it on myself every night before bed. It's clear that there are ideal cases for lugols but as we've learned with everything else, everyone is different and paying attention to your body and learning all you can about the situation is the way to go safely.

I also have had good results with KI, especially on topical issues like cuts and scrapes. Each drop of SSKI is approx 50 mg.

Since iodine vaporizes easily, I wonder if it vaporizes out of the idoral tablets, leaving more KI in the ratio? That would explain why they have less side effects.

KI is less hard on the body, like Sodium Chloride is less hard than sodium or chloride alone because of the balanced outer valences of electrons. Basically, it means that its not reactive.
In my small tests, Iodine alone can etch metal! But KI can sit for hours and just leave the salty looking residue.

Just be careful with Iodine, if in the presence of hydrogen, it can be explosive.
The resultant reaction forms hydrogen iodide which is quite acidic. (Think of hydrochloric acid).
Not that everyone has loose hydrogen hanging around, unless you are charging batteries..
FWIW

Hey guys,

After I tried to nuke all the bad stuff with high dose of iodine last december, I mostly managed to trigger strong detox reactions. I took a break from iodine for some time. I restarted two months ago with 12% lugol, one drop, building up to four drops now. So far I haven't noticed any effects, neither positive or negative.

So, I was diagnosed with candida last summer, and now might be the time to finally get rid of them. With everything that happened to some forum members and me, it's seems that there is a complicated relationship between mercury and candida. You can't just nuke candida, or it might release mercury in your body. You might start a chelation protocol, but the influx of mercury in the bloodstream might trigger a candida flare-up. So... Did you guys sorted that issue ? I was thinking about taking a heavy metal test to check my mercury levels before doing anything drastic. I had my fillings removed three years ago and did five DMSA rounds after that, but I'm pretty sure it's still an issue, somehow. There's a lot of posts on the forum regarding chelation, or candida protocol, but I failed to find something that address both issues simultaneously, if that's possible.

Tomek said:
Hey guys,

After I tried to nuke all the bad stuff with high dose of iodine last december, I mostly managed to trigger strong detox reactions. I took a break from iodine for some time. I restarted two months ago with 12% lugol, one drop, building up to four drops now. So far I haven't noticed any effects, neither positive or negative.

So, I was diagnosed with candida last summer, and now might be the time to finally get rid of them. With everything that happened to some forum members and me, it's seems that there is a complicated relationship between mercury and candida. You can't just nuke candida, or it might release mercury in your body. You might start a chelation protocol, but the influx of mercury in the bloodstream might trigger a candida flare-up. So... Did you guys sorted that issue ? I was thinking about taking a heavy metal test to check my mercury levels before doing anything drastic. I had my fillings removed three years ago and did five DMSA rounds after that, but I'm pretty sure it's still an issue, somehow. There's a lot of posts on the forum regarding chelation, or candida protocol, but I failed to find something that address both issues simultaneously, if that's possible.

We did DMSA and the EDTA while taking fluconazole once a week and nystatin every day. I have since done a high dose, six week, fluconazole protocol.

Tomek said:
Did you guys sorted that issue ? I was thinking about taking a heavy metal test to check my mercury levels before doing anything drastic. I had my fillings removed three years ago and did five DMSA rounds after that, but I'm pretty sure it's still an issue, somehow. There's a lot of posts on the forum regarding chelation, or candida protocol, but I failed to find something that address both issues simultaneously, if that's possible.

I'm doing DMSA + EDTA on the weekends and had noticed more carb craving during the last week or so. I was going to add nystatin every day as soon as I get my 24-shift work at the hospital out of my way. I prefer to take the first doses at home and once I know I don't have crazy Herx reactions, I can adjust the schedule more appropriately.

The first DMSA doses were exhausting, but my vivid dreams came back on those days. I'm half way through and having less reactions to DMSA days as I complete each cycle. It is a good timing to add the nystatin.

Anthony said:
Menrva said:
Anthony said:
For the last month and a half, I've been shaking both during EE and during the day if I actively focus my attention on the emotional energy that is mostly located in my chest area. This has never happened before I started taking iodine, though I can't confirm if it's related to iodine. Peter Levine wrote in his book that shaking is related to release of emotional energy that got stuck due to trauma.

It could be a combination of both. Are there any memories or feelings that come up during those times? How much iodine are you taking daily and are you taking days off during the week?

I've been taking 3 drops (18.9mg) daily for some time now, though I've also taken higher doses without any detox reactions (up to 200mg). I haven't been taking days off during the week, will do so this week. I do not have specific memories that come up, it's emotional energy that starts in the chest, then sort of moves down to my stomack which then starts to tense up and I start to shake.

Something similar has happened to me during EE. I'd say to just try to relax and give the energy, sensations in your body your attention and focus on it. As silly as it sounds, even talking to it and asking what it needs. It sounds like there is some restriction there when you say you tense up before the shaking starts. Your body might be trying to release some emotional energy there. :)

Just for info, Dr David Brownstein gave an interview at "That Vitamin Summit" about Iodine.

The pdf of the interview is/was available today for download. _https://thatvitaminsummit.com/encore16/

So for those interested, you will find it attached to that post.

Attachments

• Dr Brownstein_iodine_vitamin summit.pdf
    286.9 KB · Views: 50
Gaby said:
Tomek said:
Did you guys sorted that issue ? I was thinking about taking a heavy metal test to check my mercury levels before doing anything drastic. I had my fillings removed three years ago and did five DMSA rounds after that, but I'm pretty sure it's still an issue, somehow. There's a lot of posts on the forum regarding chelation, or candida protocol, but I failed to find something that address both issues simultaneously, if that's possible.

I'm doing DMSA + EDTA on the weekends and had noticed more carb craving during the last week or so. I was going to add nystatin every day as soon as I get my 24-shift work at the hospital out of my way. I prefer to take the first doses at home and once I know I don't have crazy Herx reactions, I can adjust the schedule more appropriately.

The first DMSA doses were exhausting, but my vivid dreams came back on those days. I'm half way through and having less reactions to DMSA days as I complete each cycle. It is a good timing to add the nystatin.

What are people's opinions on taking a low dose DMSA, like 100mg, more or less consistently throughout the week, while re-mineralizing on weekends?

I ask because the 3/11 day cycles can be quite horrible when following the usual protocol.

Carl said:
What are people's opinions on taking a low dose DMSA, like 100mg, more or less consistently throughout the week, while re-mineralizing on weekends?

That is valid and a more gentle way to do it. DMSA 100-200mg every other night is usually the protocol that Horowitz left to his Lyme patients.

I'm aiming towards a higher dose just because my initial levels were +20 times above the maximum permitted.

Gaby said:
Carl said:

That is valid and a more gentle way to do it. DMSA 100-200mg every other night is usually the protocol that Horowitz left to his Lyme patients.

I'm aiming towards a higher dose just because my initial levels were +20 times above the maximum permitted.

Thanks. That is quite scary. I hope you get some results from it without too much suffering :).

Gandalf said:
Just for info, Dr David Brownstein gave an interview at "That Vitamin Summit" about Iodine.

The pdf of the interview is/was available today for download. _https://thatvitaminsummit.com/encore16/

So for those interested, you will find it attached to that post.

That is a very good recapitulation.

Here is an interesting highlight:

Dr. Brownstein: The thyroid is very sensitive to what's going on in the environment. Certainly there's been studies showing that infections of thyroid from Parvovirus are common in Hashimoto's and other auto-immune disease. [...]

He speculates that iodine's anti-viral properties could be protecting people from that infection.

The neat thing about reverse T3 is it's very sensitive to iodine levels in the thyroid [...]

He says that when the body can't make thyroid hormones due to an iodine deficiency, reverse T3 raises to slow down the production of thyroid hormone.

He highlights the importance of checking for magnesium, selenium, zinc and vitamin A and copper and other mineral levels.

Menrva said:
Anthony said:
I've been taking 3 drops (18.9mg) daily for some time now, though I've also taken higher doses without any detox reactions (up to 200mg). I haven't been taking days off during the week, will do so this week. I do not have specific memories that come up, it's emotional energy that starts in the chest, then sort of moves down to my stomack which then starts to tense up and I start to shake.

Something similar has happened to me during EE. I'd say to just try to relax and give the energy, sensations in your body your attention and focus on it. As silly as it sounds, even talking to it and asking what it needs. It sounds like there is some restriction there when you say you tense up before the shaking starts. Your body might be trying to release some emotional energy there. :)

If you are shaking, you are trying too hard. Maybe don't do Beatha if that is what it does to you.

Back
Top Bottom