Negative emotions on a global scale

I need to fix it for him, for him to continue, for the project to finish...

Hate to say it, Luke... but sounds like your co-worker has gotten you nicely trained up to do his work for him whenever he feels that type of discomfort. In turn, you seem to be refusing to test the limits of how much of his complaining you can endure without 'rescuing' him. So there you both are, apparently 'suffering' - but caught up in a habit.

Can't give up your suffering, looks like... ;)

Alada said:
RflctnOfU said:
In addition, these ideas also - in a subtle manner - express the Law of Three...in Joe's statement, the third force is indicated in choice. But without the positive/negative opposition, as Joe stated, there can be no choice, no manifestation of the third force. It is through the manifestation of the third force that very fine, subtle energies are liberated, increasing the overall density of vibrations...or, as the C's expressed it, Frequency Resonance Vibration (am I remembering that correctly?)

That’s where my thoughts went on this too, that negative emotions are necessary and can be seen as a kind of fuel in that regard.

Yes, that's interesting. They can be a fuel if we are able to interpret the negative emotions, not react to them and diffuse them in a positive way.

On an individual level this might be problem > negative emotional reaction (fear or complaining ;)> more problems
Globally we have the oft cited problem>reaction>solution or the shock doctrine model of ptb seizing opportunity out of chaos.

With awareness we know we can change the outcome of negative emotions: By acting fast and stepping in to change our reaction.

It is hard individually managing our own emotional reactions but we know when we do it does give us energy when we overcome crisis.

In a group setting it is harder but a good example might be people on a train that gets held up. Initially there is fear, frustration and anger but then it often changes to acceptance as people start connecting and are able to put the situation in perspective.

Globally the injection of truth at the right time through information sources like SoTT, the other alternative news sources and comedy can have the effect of intervening and create a positive outcome. In our socially connected world that is why memes are so powerful. Interesting short article here on US funding of memes: http://www.sott.net/article/312454-All-your-Meme-are-belong-to-us-US-Government-funded-database-tracking-online-Memes.

kalibex said:
I need to fix it for him, for him to continue, for the project to finish...

Hate to say it, Luke... but sounds like your co-worker has gotten you nicely trained up to do his work for him whenever he feels that type of discomfort. In turn, you seem to be refusing to test the limits of how much of his complaining you can endure without 'rescuing' him. So there you both are, apparently 'suffering' - but caught up in a habit.

Can't give up your suffering, looks like... ;)

I see these dynamics play out in very interesting ways.

People usually react to others shortcomings, to essentially prop them up in view of a wider goal. In a team, someone can cover anothers position because they know full well if that position is left open, the whole team loses.. Yeah, it's suffering for sure, but again.. that's subordinate to the overall goal. This is why it's sooooo aggravating... you are subordinate to the overall goal!

It can happen in many places where people would do this, where due to whatever reason, some people become incapacitated, unable to perform their duties, where others will have to step in for them. A leader who can lead when things are good, but crumbles when they are bad, so therefore his/her subordinates would step in for them during that period of 'crumbling' if they want a good overall outcome for their team as opposed to individualistic outcomes... in crucial moments where something would otherwise fall, another steps in to prop the structure up, then steps back out again back to their assigned position...

Anyways, this is probably one of the reasons why the system is ticking along in this period of overwhelming negative emotions... all these covering of positions. It surely keeps chaos at bay (or slows it down) both in our individual lives and on a macro level.

To think of a collapse on a practical level... I look at those places that have already collapsed and still notice that they function... those countries that were struck with ebola, those now being struck by zika, those being hit by hurricanes/earthquakes/government failure etc... how is this possible? how are these societies still ticking along? It's bloody people... that's why... the local villager who opens up an administrative centre in his ravaged village because the local politicians have done a runner in some trying times, those volunteers in Haiti building make-shift shelters because the government is corrupt and won't build proper houses... multiply across different situations, from the small level to the big levels... you get the picture...

luke wilson said:
...how are these societies still ticking along? It's bloody people... that's why... the local villager who opens up an administrative centre in his ravaged village because the local politicians have done a runner in some trying times, those volunteers in Haiti building make-shift shelters because the government is corrupt and won't build proper houses... multiply across different situations, from the small level to the big levels... you get the picture...

Well, given that reality... that those who can do, can make that choice to step forward to do 'what needs to be done'... where do you think the resentment is coming from, then, in your case? It's certainly not a unique reaction. Is it the usual 'It shouldn't have to be this way!' attitude that so many of us are prone to? I can imagine a large percentage of humanity's angst arises from that sort of resentment...

Today after coming for work drained and depressed, I wanted to go to sleep but started reading this thread and it had positive effect.

Interesting keyhole. So we have toxins on a human micro level that "shock" and prompt the body to create to grow stronger and evolve, we have negative emotions on the human conscious awareness level doing the same thing (shock, grow and evolve) and we have large scale earth changes that shock the entire "body" of the human race into reacting and, possibly, evolving. Of course, at each level some form of choice is required, and it seems that consciousness or awareness is the factor that determines what choice or reaction will be taken.

And the elite does everything to stifle and numb that one clearest instrument signaling and showing you that you do not belong to that kind of dog eat dog and men is another men s wolf world with poisoned food, pills and mass programming that everything is ok and normal, making humanity emotionally retarded and numb so to not feel anything and come closer to their empty and like minded state. But fear is something that is hard wired in most humans and they like to use it often to direct people and is one shock they use for their benefit, but mix it with the knowledge and it becomes two edged sword. And some shocks can be final ones but some lessons can always be learned even when the result is end of physical existence that resulted from this shocks. As you said that in your last life you were back stabbed and it resulted in lack of trust, maybe exaggerated, but it probably had effect on you growing so not to trust everything you hear and others say, being cautious, leading to the knowledge of many pathological types in this world.

People always want to save the world, something of that is programmed through religion and popular culture, others suffer seeing others suffer because it is hardwired in them, especially close ones and family. I suffer seeing my family suffer and because I can do little about it, I suffer seeing others suffer, I fear for myself and close ones and for future, I fear and reality as it is but most of I fear emptiness and losing my soul and not staying true to myself because it is the most painful, I am angry at monotony and materialism of this world, ignorance and emotional shallowness and this world putting limits on what can be done, on myself for sometimes not doing more or right thing, but I realized I am too concentrated on the outside and in the end I can only save myself through conscious suffering, there is no other option and where the war is. Caesar said to change the people is hard. You can only change or stay yourself.

Through emotional suffering comes the will for change, and through that will and persistence comes conscious suffering and although there seems there is only dark when struggle is ongoing, there comes the true inner freedom after every won battle.

luke wilson said:
Haha, I know I am a complainer... the thread 'hit a wall' is a good example. I just don't like complainers who due to their complaining, force others to pick up their slack...

It's surely good to complain every now and again, it's even therapeutic... but there is a time to complain and there is a time to act.. That was the point I was aiming at.

I could be wrong though... :)

One of the things I've noticed, both in myself and in others, is that the things that bother us about other people are often traits we ourselves have.

luke wilson said:
T.C. said:
luke wilson said:
Tell you what I dislike... Complainers!

luke, is the irony of this statement lost on you?? :lol:

Haha, I know I am a complainer... the thread 'hit a wall' is a good example. I just don't like complainers who due to their complaining, force others to pick up their slack...

It's surely good to complain every now and again, it's even therapeutic... but there is a time to complain and there is a time to act.. That was the point I was aiming at.

Is it also lost on you how many people responded to YOUR complaints, i.e. picking up your slack???

kalibex said:
luke wilson said:
...how are these societies still ticking along? It's bloody people... that's why... the local villager who opens up an administrative centre in his ravaged village because the local politicians have done a runner in some trying times, those volunteers in Haiti building make-shift shelters because the government is corrupt and won't build proper houses... multiply across different situations, from the small level to the big levels... you get the picture...

Well, given that reality... that those who can do, can make that choice to step forward to do 'what needs to be done'... where do you think the resentment is coming from, then, in your case? It's certainly not a unique reaction. Is it the usual 'It shouldn't have to be this way!' attitude that so many of us are prone to? I can imagine a large percentage of humanity's angst arises from that sort of resentment...

It's normal and not unique. I think the dislike comes from the 'effort' required. I'll reflect on this.

Laura said:
luke wilson said:
T.C. said:
luke wilson said:
Tell you what I dislike... Complainers!

luke, is the irony of this statement lost on you?? :lol:

Is it also lost on you how many people responded to YOUR complaints, i.e. picking up your slack???

It looks like it has! On reflection, I revise my position.

Luke, it might help for you to go back and re-read your situation 1 scenario and place yourself in the position of your workmate, then place the forum in the position of you. I think this sums up pretty well what you expect of us here. I think you expect us to jump in and solve your problems for you.

It is exactly that there is something in you that is complaining because they are complaining. Did you catch yourself in that moment at work where you
've noticed 1 chronic complainer. A person who when met with anything that arises a negative emotion in him whilst he's performing a task, he stops and complains! Naturally external consideration demands that you cater this person back to a good emotional state where they can continue... Internal consideration makes me want to shout across, "For God's sake, less complaining and more doing

You must have too much time at work to just sit around and look at others complaining :) If you would have kept your focus, this other's persons manifestations would have not existed for you, or bothered you, because you were there in the middle of doing your job

Beau said:
luke wilson said:

One of the things I've noticed, both in myself and in others, is that the things that bother us about other people are often traits we ourselves have.

In this case, I have quite a lot to reflect on. This is probably a case for maintaining a neutral position. You just never know when you take a position against something why it is you are doing it. Clearly somethings may indeed be lost on you so it's best to remain put!

PS: Naturally you can take a position against criminal injustice...

luke wilson said:
In this case, I have quite a lot to reflect on. This is probably a case for maintaining a neutral position. You just never know when you take a position against something why it is you are doing it. Clearly somethings may indeed be lost on you so it's best to remain put!

I see that you very much "reflect" things, and you already somehow discern what you should do(maintain a neutral position).Thus you lack understanding. You want to know why you never know when to take a position? Because you live too much in your thoughts, and you never pay attention to your emotions, thus they control you to create even more internal consideration. This a loop, Luke.

Your PS statement lost on me in relation with this discussion. Criminal injustice is not part of this very discussion.

edgitarra said:
luke wilson said:

I see that you very much "reflect" things, and you already somehow discern what you should do(maintain a neutral position).Thus you lack understanding. You want to know why you never know when to take a position? Because you live too much in your thoughts, and you never pay attention to your emotions, thus they control you to create even more internal consideration. This a loop, Luke.

Your PS statement lost on me in relation with this discussion. Criminal injustice is not part of this very discussion.

Thanks Ed. Uhm, the criminal injustice statement was just meant as being neutral is not ok in those situations.. Banality of evil way of being. However in other situations e.g. If someone has a quark (non criminal in nature) that irks you in some way, its best to maintain a neutral frame of mind. This is because if you react it may be due to reasons lost on you.

I hope that makes sense... :/

At least this is what I'm understanding from the comments.

luke wilson said:
edgitarra said:
luke wilson said:

Thanks Ed. Uhm, the criminal injustice statement was just meant as being neutral is not ok in those situations.. Banality of evil way of being. However in other situations e.g. If someone has a quark (non criminal in nature) that irks you in some way, its best to maintain a neutral frame of mind. This is because if you react it may be due to reasons lost on you.

I hope that makes sense... :/

At least this is what I'm understanding from the comments.

It does not make sense, because we were not discussing criminal injustice. You are trying to add a totally different topic here to alienate the impact of some of the mirrors you got here. You really can't take it fully and really look into it without having to skip/avoid/go around the corner with the topic.
Let alone the criminal justice/injustice, this was about you at work really being bothered by someone that is complaining. Not criminal injustice. Until someone really offends you, you cannot bring this into discussion without any good reason.

Back
Top Bottom