Crash of German Wings Flight over French Alps

angelburst29 said:
This might sound like a really stupid question and may show my lack of education but when I think of the French Alps, I picture "snow covered peaks and ravines." Where's the snow?

After a winter as we had, it is strange and weird not to see snow in the ALPS.

My husband's theory is that this is a stage scenario and that finally they have used the disappeared airplane from Malaysian Airlines since it is the same model. The reason? to re-enforce the theory of the terrorists.

What is strange is the negation, very strictly since the beginning, of a terrorist attack. This is non-sense and they are a band of fools. So they they are, specially France, under an emergency situation since Charlie Hebdo, and when an airplane crash in their country, they affirm that it is impossible that the crash is due to a terrorist attack. Fools. They ridicule them-selves. And in this contradiction we can see how liars they are, how hypocritical they are and how manipulative they are.! :pinocchio:

Okay, here's a weird little observation. Having seen photos from the crash site, with all sorts of stuff scattered, I haven't yet seen a single body. I mean, yes it's scattered over a somewhat large area, but in the photos I certainly have seen objects smaller than human bodies. Could just be coincidence, and/or selectively published photos, but still a bit weird.

loreta said:
My husband's theory is that this is a stage scenario and that finally they have used the disappeared airplane from Malaysian Airlines since it is the same model. The reason? to re-enforce the theory of the terrorists.

Well, seeing it that way, is much much easier to have control if it was the "theory of the terrorists", because, if it was due to some meteorite, and all people in the world began to acknowledge it, we will be in much problematic issue worldwide. Either way, it will happen sooner or later. Sink the fact that you may airplane travel soon, the situation that -it can happend now- a rock may end your life tomorrow, today... and I always was apprehensive by takeoff of the plane. It takes the fear to another scale?

mabar said:
loreta said:

Well, seeing it that way, is much much easier to have control if it was the "theory of the terrorists", because, if it was due to some meteorite, and all people in the world began to acknowledge it, we will be in much problematic issue worldwide. Either way, it will happen sooner or later. Sink the fact that you may airplane travel soon, the situation that -it can happend now- a rock may end your life tomorrow, today... and I always was apprehensive by takeoff of the plane. It takes the fear to another scale?

I think they are just waiting, if it was some high strangeness then they might be investigating it and they are at the same time waiting to see the reaction of people, to "accomodate" this event to their plans, whatever they might be. If it is more useful to their bigger plans they will claim terrorist attack, if it was a warning they may cut some deals with the right people and say it was an accident and use it as a distraction to the recent news in Ukraine.

Perceval said:
Inquorate said:
If the plane broke into thousands of pieces when It hit the mountain where is the impact crater?

Would a plane leave much of a crater in rock?

The rock there is a mix of limestone, clay and mud, which is quite soft. Hence I guess an airplane crash would leave some noticeable impact.

angelburst29 said:
This might sound like a really stupid question and may show my lack of education but when I think of the French Alps, I picture "snow covered peaks and ravines." Where's the snow?

The crash happened at low altitude, around 1500 meters, in a south exposure, and right now there is hardly any snow left in this area...

Nop!, I would not blame them, I would not want to fly either, if they know something that goes along the theory of the meteorite, ... or would have known something else before, I understood there was another event before related. Perhaps someone who knows German can confirm it?. Do not remember either, that, at other companies, after fatal accidents, employees would not want to fly.

Using google translator.

_https://translate.google.com.mx/translate?hl=es&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.focus.de%2Fpanorama%2Fwelt%2Fcrews-wollen-nicht-fliegen-was-hat-germanwings-zu-verheimlichen_id_4567778.html said:
Again German Wings employees do not want the plane

After the crash of the Airbus A320 in the south of France several German Wings flights had to be canceled. The reason crews refused to enter the service. Why did the crew react so extreme to the disaster?

"Queasy atmosphere at Cologne-Bonn Airport. (...) The boarding our plane to Berlin German Wings delayed. The crew must be changed. The announcement: We are looking for crews who are willing to serve this flight '"That was experiencing. FOCUS-Online-author Boris Reitschuster on Tuesday. And again, the German Wings crews were afraid of a Lufthansa spokeswoman tells him behind his hand.

Which in this case provided crew was not the only on the day that refused after the crash of the Airbus A320 in the morning in the South of France to take up the service.

Also, one day after the plane crash in southern France were again not the service crews to. The airline said Wednesday morning announced that some crews from grief and emotional concern were not ready. It said: "The company understands this, the employees have lost some good friends of the injured crew."

Must emphasize, however, only a German Wings flight, otherwise the airline took Replacement: It consists of eleven aircraft primarily by other airlines such as Lufthansa, Air Berlin or a TuiFly to about 40 flights.

First, a Lufthansa spokeswoman had spoken of more canceled flights, including the connection in the morning from Dusseldorf to Barcelona - so the flight in which an Airbus on Tuesday crashed on the way back.

"Crew members will not fly for personal reasons"

On Tuesday had several flights to be deleted as crew members did not want to get on the plane. While the press office against ABC Online first covered stopped and only "irregularities flight operations," confirmed - possibly as a result of the failed Airbus - was a spokeswoman for the parent company Lufthansa candid: "There were crew members, who would not fly for personal reasons. German Wings does understand, "she said. There have been only isolated cases, the spokeswoman said in an interview with FOCUS Online. Numbers she could not name. However, have been the hardest hit, only German Wings, not Lufthansa.

But apparently there were not so few flights had to be canceled. Alone at Dusseldorf Airport, where the downed airmen to land from Barcelona, ​​several machines have remained on the ground since noon, reported "Spiegel Online" with reference to passengers . Next are three German Wings flights were canceled in Stuttgart and at least one in Berlin. On Twitter Affected also reported further delays and flight cancellations.

Why the staff reacted so strongly?
This leads to the question of why the crew react so violently to the course startling news of the Airbus crash. In similar cases, no such irregular operations of the airline concerned were known. If the staff more aware of possible mishaps?

According to information from German Wings CEO Thomas Winkelmann the crashed Airbus was equipped with the latest technology and was duly serviced. There had been no complaints. Generally apply according to company data, the same maintenance instructions in German Wings as in the parent company Lufthansa.

mabar said:
Nop!, I would not blame them, I would not want to fly either, if they know something that goes along the theory of the meteorite, ... or would have known something else before, I understood there was another event before related. Perhaps someone who knows German can confirm it?. Do not remember either, that, at other companies, after fatal accidents, employees would not want to fly.

So far as they write these were personal issues cause of the loss and some friends too and out of solidarity. The rest is mere speculation if they knew about technical problems of the crashed plane and so on.

angelburst29 said:

These were the first news that were released yesterday and were no pictures were available, at least this was my own conclusion afterwards.

There are also reports from Ségolène Royal the french transportation minister that a french Mirage fighter dried to catch up with the plane, because of the strange flight. Maybe the pilot of the Mirage saw something or was in closer contact with the crew?

Keep in mind that the Alps are a considerable range both in geographic area and also in height. The parts of the French Alps that are just north of Marseille probably don't get much snow, but they are still part of the range.

mkrnhr said:
A meteor doesn't have to impact the plane to have an effect. If the meteor discharges electrically and happens to be close enough to the plane, it could also disable the electric and electronic systems aboard.

Sorry for being so imprecise in my post, I was considering that option, too. What I meant was, wouldn't the disturbance of electromagnetic frequency entail that the plane stalled, which would make for a faster descent than 8 long minutes? Wouldn't it crash the radio signal, too?

I don't want to discard the meteor theory, it just doesn't add up in this particular case, imo.

So far the pilots-being-unconscious theory (while the plane was still functioning) makes the most sense to me, but I don't want to start a discussion about this, just adding thoughts. Could still be EMF involved, just not something that stalled the whole plane.

If the cockpit was unconscious, there's a good chance that the whole plane was, which would truly make it into a "ghost plane" ...

mabar said:
Again German Wings employees do not want the plane
After the crash of the Airbus A320 in the south of France several German Wings flights had to be canceled. The reason crews refused to enter the service. Why did the crew react so extreme to the disaster?

This is peculiar and my first thought was German angsting, but ...
Would be interested if it was mostly pilots or board crew.

M.T.

What was the meeting between Kings of Spain, Felipe and Letizia, and French President Hollande about? After the accident was canceled.

Laura said:
Keep in mind that the Alps are a considerable range both in geographic area and also in height. The parts of the French Alps that are just north of Marseille probably don't get much snow, but they are still part of the range.

That's it, except that this part of the Alps (I'm living there, only a few kilometers from the crash) may have a lot of snow. But this year there is not much snow, and none in the southern slopes right now at the altitude of the crash...

Minas Tirith said:
So far the pilots-being-unconscious theory (while the plane was still functioning) makes the most sense to me, but I don't want to start a discussion about this, just adding thoughts.

I thought modern planes had such advanced auto pilot capabilities that it wouldn't start diving once it was up and running at proper height, even if the crew was unconscious?

liffy said:
Minas Tirith said:
So far the pilots-being-unconscious theory (while the plane was still functioning) makes the most sense to me, but I don't want to start a discussion about this, just adding thoughts.

I thought modern planes had such advanced auto pilot capabilities that it wouldn't start diving once it was up and running at proper height, even if the crew was unconscious?
The avionics on an Airbus are capable of end-point to end-point flight. I.e. it can take off, fly a route and land, without the pilot. This is possible, but the avionics are not certified for this kind of operation. If the pilots were unconscious, the flight would have continued its normal flight path until it started to approach the destination. That it was in a controlled (albeit rapid) descent, implies that someone (or something) altered the flight path in the computer.

Eos said:
Laura said:

That's it, except that this part of the Alps (I'm living there, only a few kilometers from the crash) may have a lot of snow. But this year there is not much snow, and none in the southern slopes right now at the altitude of the crash...

I appreciate the clarification, Thank You.

Reading this may have added to the confusion?
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/03/24/395011737/germanwings-a320-crashes-in-french-alps

The exact location of the crash is unclear, but the terrain where the plane went down is difficult to access, officials said, hampering search efforts. We do know the Airbus A320 crashed in a remote part of the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence region. Eric Ciotti, head of the regional council in southeast France, said the crash site was Meolans-Revels, near the popular ski resort of Pra Loup. But Airbus said the crash occurred in nearby Prads-Haute-Bleone.

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
I dont know how to include the picture - but in any case it is NOT a picture of a black box, it is a picture of the cockpit voice recorder - see wikipedia for the difference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_recorder

I don't see the problem. On the Wikipedia page you sent, the photo is labelled "Both side views of a cockpit voice recorder, one type of flight recorder".

This morning a pilot was interviwed on the radio (RFI) and he said that something was strange: Germanwings is reluctant to give informations about the automatic signal that the plane transmit.

Another hypothesis: Explosive decompression
Explosive decompression occurs at a rate swifter than that at which air can escape from the lungs, typically in less than 0.1 to 0.5 seconds.[1][3] The risk of lung trauma is very high, as is the danger from any unsecured objects that can become projectiles because of the explosive force, which may be likened to a bomb detonation.

After an explosive decompression within an aircraft, a heavy fog may immediately fill the interior as the relative humidity of cabin air rapidly changes as the air cools and condenses. Military pilots with oxygen masks have to pressure-breathe, whereby the lungs fill with air when relaxed, and effort has to be exerted to expel the air again.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontrolled_decompression#Explosive_decompression

Also, it seem that the descent was at a constant speed. So it does not appear to be a free fall. Does an order was programmed into the computer to go to the point of crash?

Attachments

• Explosive decompression b.jpg
    Explosive decompression b.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom