Failed Trump Assassination Attempt

Social media culture. Gotta get that viral video, right? :rolleyes: Anyway, I went through this video at slow speed and took a few (cropped) screen shots.

@ 2:08- I don't know if this is relevant but I took a shot anyway because I mentioned it in my previous post and it just kinda popped itself out here. Circled is the steeple of the church I mentioned. Just under that roof is an open space (where the bell used to be) where several people could stand. The guy recording is standing at this point.

Church Steeple Behind AGR (2-08).jpg

Approximate line from the steeple to stage. Fewer trees in the way then I thought.

From Church to Trump.jpg

@ 4:12- You see the "Don't Tread On Me" flag guy walking towards the area where he records his video.

%22Don't Tread On Me%22 Guy (4-12).jpg

@ 5:48- Here you can see four windows open: the 2nd side window, #2, #3 and #5. This can be seen in several other posts already. In this post I said only #2 and #4 were open. But I got that wrong. #4 is not open.

There is also a group of police at the corner of the building. There is either 3 or 4 of them. One of those people might've been a 'suspect' that was being questioned.

Four Windows Open (5-48).jpg

I think from a tinkering and fake video viewpoint, the earliest videos are the most reliable, and the videos that came out weeks later or passed through FBI custody are less reliable.

Agree, yet one never knows what is waiting in the wings. From watching even the video above (very shaky much of the time), a great many cameras were out that day, and that is a long way from Dallas.

@ 2:08- I don't know if this is relevant but I took a shot anyway because I mentioned it in my previous post and it just kinda popped itself out here. Circled is the steeple of the church I mentioned. Just under that roof is an open space (where the bell used to be) where several people could stand. The guy recording is standing at this point.
I'm not that skilled in using Google maps but using it I managed to take a screenshot of the tower. No problems with any closed windows, at least. It would be interesting to see drone footage from the church tower's perspective.

St-Johns-Church-Butler.png

So, please disabuse me of any idea that there was something weird going on at that window that may have been related to the shooting.

I would vote for 3rd window on that building. Surely something going on there. Either triangulation or actual shooting itself. I vote for 2nd option though I believe video modified to discombobulate the timing and frames. Any way, this hypothesis is the only smoking gun we have. This raises few questions.

About the possibility of Fence blocking it or make it difficult: Made some rough calculations, I think it doesn't block it.
Here is the drone footage.
View attachment 99628
3rd window path ( Red lines and text are mine)

View attachment 99630

simple calculation: some reasonable assumptions
1. distance from the 3rd window to nearest fence Along the path of bullet from 3rd window : 20 ft. But if you see drone footage picture, it could easily be more.
2. Fence height is 5 ft : this is true from the video's and it is common height in US for this type of fence.
3. Shooter is 5ft from the ground. - reasonable. Even if the ground of the room is lower, they can easily increase the height for the sake of Biden and democracy ;-) In my view it is a mute point.
4. Trump's podium 4ft ( approx.) and Trump is 6.2 ft. Effectively he is 10ft from the ground.
5. 130 ft between 3rd window and trump head.

simple pen and paper straight line calculation : It goes above the fence by few feet. View attachment 99631
I know people wants to go with exact calculation. But we need to remember distance between fence to 3rd window increase or height of the shooter gun position will create more safe distance between bullet path and top of the fence.

Unfortunately, from all I've seen and calculated, I think you can only get a more or less "clear" answer to the question, of whether the fence is blocking the view of Trumps head from that "lighted" window if you use rather precise measurements. Because it all looks like a rather close call between possible and not possible from that window! I've tried to find out and calculate/estimate the most precise measurements to determine just that, also using triangulation. I try to make it as short as I can. Doing that, my results look like: doing a whole host of calculations based on those numbers (and variables up and down to account for possible errors) I'm coming to the conclusion that it seems highly unlikely that you can shoot from the lowest point of that window on Trumps head unless you shoot through the fence (which I find highly unlikely). The same applies if the sniper would position his gun barrel halfway up that window. Doesn't seem possible to me unless shot through the fence. It seems to me that you COULD only clear the fence from that window if you are extremely high up in that window, at the upper boundary of what is possible in that window. Then it seems possible (but more likely not) to clear the fence and shoot at Trumps head (but still very close to hitting the fence!).

Here are the numbers I used/gathered/calculated/measured:

Fence height measured from the local ground there: Somewhere between 180cm and 200cm (likely more around 190cm high).

Fence ground height relative to the ground height of the ground beneath Trumps podium (above sea level): Almost exactly the same.

Ground height level of Crooks building above sea level: 70cm below Fence/Trump ground level.

Distance from window to fence along bullet trajectory towards Trumps head: 24 Meters.

Distance from window to Trumps head along bullet trajectory towards Trumps head: 125 Meters.

Height of the highest part of Trumps head on stage above local ground: Stage height approximately 120cm + Trumps height 190,5cm= 3.105 meters above local ground.

Height of lowest part of window above local ground: Approximately 120cm.

Height of the middle of the window above local ground: Approximately 180cm.

Some of the sources I used to get/measure/calculate/estimate the numbers above:

Triangulation software used to calculate various different possibilities based on the numbers above (+- uncertainties/errors above and below):

Preliminary summary of the proposed "Lighted" window:

Based on several dozen calculations in which I tried to take errors and uncertainties into account, I find it highly unlikely that someone shot at Trumps head from that "lighted" window, unless he shot through the fence, which I find highly unlikely too. The fence is 24 Meters away, has relatively small openings and thick metal wire. Or if the shooter was positioned extremely high up in that window it might be possible, but there it would be a close call between possible and not; But still it is more likely not to be possible than possible IMO. The results above have to be taken with a grain of salt (somewhat) because in order to really know for sure you would need to really have reliable and precise measurements like the exact height of the window on local ground and the exact height of the fence on local ground and other measurements. Although, I think I tried to get around that problem by adjusting all numbers down and upwards to account for uncertainties. Additionally, there could be factors such as the fence at that line of sight to Trump being significantly dented down that could make shots from high up in that video more possible. Didn't see anything like that, though. Note that is only the fence problem we are talking about here, in the following video, which seems to be fairly close to the line of sight of Trumps head and the injured (and the proposed window) people might have blocked the line of sight to the window on top of the fence problem:

This one might at least "prove" that someone couldn't have shot out of that window on Trumps head. The guy filming could be the closest we have from that side looking at the window, more or less in line of sight. People seem to block aiming at Trumps head. But then again, we don't know how high Trumps head was in relation to this camera and if you would need to move a bit more left or right to get the "exact" viewing angle of at least the bullet that hit Trumps ear:

Really tricky. So, I'm not really certain from the above either.

Having said the above, I think there might be still be a number of possibilities that shots from a real sniper indeed came from that side of the building close to that window. RedFox also thought about it (see below). There are at least three openings/vents, well above the highest point of that proposed window and close to it, through which it could very well be no problem to shoot while the fence is no issue at all. People blocking it might not be an issue here either, while still being very close to Crooks bullet trajectory. Notice that you can even see one of those vents/openings in the last quote/video above (see green circle below). The only thing that makes this less likely is that all of those vents/openings seem to be closed in Dave's footage shortly before, during and after the shots. But I imagine the FBI could have easily tampered with that footage to make it seem closed on those crucial points in the video (but that adds another layer of "would they go to that length to cover that up? Instead of just deleting that footage?"). But one vent didn't seem to be closed all the way (see below).:

The thought had crossed my mind too - could the video have been altered? Or maybe they simply wanted to check that nothing was visible. A mid possibility is - nothing is visible but they messed with the footage/sound anyway to throw off investigation.

I have a feeling when it all shakes out, that it will be right in front of our noses. One thing I have looked at on those videos is the vents as well as the hole to the bottom right of the third window (between the window and the air conditioning unit). Maybe that's implausible - but I figure it could be a possibility (even if remote). [...]

Here are the vents:

Vents Crooks building.jpg

Notice that the vent with the green circle is the one that seems visible in the video two quotes above. Also notice that it seems to have been slightly opened the whole time at the bottom (before, during and after the shots!). Could a barrel shoot trough that opening? I certainly think so! Could a typical sight mounted on a professional sniper gun look through it at the same time? I'm not so sure about that!?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom